ST. PAUL'S LUTHERAN ChurCH 

Anchored in Christ since 1905

A Brief History of St. Paul's

1900 First worship service was held.
1905 St. Paul's Lutheran Church officially organized on June 11th.
        Property of our first church building purchased.
        (corner of 2nd Ave and 8th St NE) 

1910 Parsonage built next to church.
1913 Renovation of altar and pulpit dedicated.
1916 Lot at corner of 2nd Avenue was purchased
1918 Sunday School was organized.
1919 St. Paul's Ladies Aid was organized.
1922 First recorded minutes of Walther League.
1923 An extension was added to the original structure.
1927 Pews were purchased and the interior of church redecorated.
1930 25th anniversay of St. Paul's Church.
1940 Parish divided.
1941 Rev. F. E. Brauer accepts call elsewhere.
1945 Property for a new church purchased.
1948 Construction of new church started.















1950 Present church construction was completed and dedication held, July 30th.
















1951 New parsonage erected.
1954 Minot St. Paul's hosted its first Lutheran Laymen's League state convention.
1955 Motion adopted to start a Christian Day School.
1955 Motion adopted to start a Christian Day School.
1956 St. Paul's helped start St. Mark's Lutheran Church.
1958 Kindergarten started in church basement.


1962 Good Shepherd Lutheran School dedicated.
1969 Good Shepherd Lutheran School building sold.
1978 Parsonage sold to Pastor and Judy Jenks.
1979 Roof repairs are done as well as other repairs.
1980 N. D. District purchased 5 acres of land in south Minot.
1982 David Konrad Suelzle ordained into the Holy Office of Public Ministry, Rev. Robert J. Ravell installed to Pastoral Office at St. Paul's in a "Shared Worker Program."
1983 St. Paul's and St. Mark's hold worship services at Edison School for           purpose of starting a third church.
1984 Our Savior Lutheran Church filed Articles of Incorporation.
1988 Lot with house south of the church purchased.
        Sept 18th was celebration of 25 years in ministry for Pastor Jenks.
1989 Voters accept bids for construction of an attached fellowship hall to           the south, along with other renovations.


1990 St. Paul's celebrated 85th Anniversary and dedication of new Fellowship Hall and other renovations.
1998 Pastor K. C. Jenks accepts call to Canoga Park, California.


2004 Renovation of last portion of basement, lot south of parking lot                 purchased, house moved and lot completed.
2005 June 11 and 12, St. Paul's Church celebrates 100 years with the               theme "Anchored in Christ."
2010 Lynch property accepted under conservatorship.
2017 Lynch property sold.
2018 Pastor Arie Bertsch elected LCMS ND District President.


2018 Church and Fellowship Hall roofs replaced with metal roofing.

Our Shepherds

Rev. H. Kettler 1905-1908

Rev. Wm Hartman 1908-1919

Rev. E Brauer 1919-1941

Rev. B. G. Mueller 1942-1957

Rev. Lornell T. Ruthenbeck 1958-1968

Rev. Lyle Knuth 1969-1972

Rev. Loren Vogler 1973-1977

Rev. K. C. Jenks 1977-1998

Deaconess Rita Footh 1999-2012

Rev. Arie Bertsch 2001-2018

Rev. Dr. Matt Richard 2018-Present